Hiking in the winter means smart layering. Breatheable, light and warm merino wool is highly desired as the material for a long-sleeve top when walking through snow-covered woods. Even if it's cold out, you're working up a sweat, so you need to have clothing that wicks away moisture. What's great about merino wool is that it does just that - wicks away sweat but it's not as itchy as typical wool sweaters.
Mountain Equipment Co-op has lightweight merino long-sleeve shirts in men's ($62.00) and women's ($62.00) styles.
- Made of 100% mulesing-free New Zealand merino wool.
- Four-way mechanical stretch.
- Low-profile flat-locked seams for comfort.
- Ribbed collar and cuffs.
- Machine washable with about 6% total shrinkage.
- Slim fit (great for keeping you warm).