Mastering blogging is sometimes not easy to achieve, although there are many out there who claim to have found the magic formula for excellent blog posts.
Despite blogging for the past few years, I continue to grow as a writer, blogger and photographer while at the same time balancing a job and life. Keeping my ideas and content fresh can sometimes be challenge.
So, how to get past "idea block" - a problem many face after a couple months of blogging (and sometimes after a few years of blogging), when the great ideas for blog content run out or you face blogging burnout. There have been many a blog post about this topic too with long lists of tips for blog content and how you can inspire yourself for future blog posts.
Here's my short list of tips for blog content creation -
- Experience something new - a new trail, historic place, a museum exhibition, food, restaurant
- Revisit old content - update old blog posts
- Read, read and read some more - save bookmarks to links for inspiring articles on any given topic that you like to write about via apps such as Evernote or Stumbleupon
- Track news and trends on topics you write about via RSS feeds, Flipboard, Zite, etc.
- Follow news releases on topics of interest (great place to start is Canada Newswire)
- YouTube and VideoJug offer a number of good how-to videos on travel, outdoors etc.
- Vimeo is where you can find inspiring and beautiful films by serious amateur and professional filmmakers - e.g. timelapse videos etc.
- Get friendly with PR/marketing contacts at companies with brands/services you like and find out what's new
Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts?